Resaw time for 7 inch Brazillian cherry

I have a brand new 1/2" Timberwolf resaw blade (3 teeth/in) on a 14" Delta with riser. It is taking me about 60 seconds to resaw a 15" length of Brazillian cherry, 7" wide. Does that seem OK? The motor is a 1 HP. It just seems like it takes forever. If I am not real careful, I will stall the thing and/or end up with a bow or a variation in thickness.

Reply to
eganders
15" a minute is pretty good considering the horsepower available.
Reply to
CW

As long as you are getting a good cut that is OK.

REMEMBER to check you blade tension after doing a board. Cutting thick can heat up the blade causing it to expand and loose tension. I was resawing 11" wide White Oak for a tool chest and was shocked how much a 150" x 1" blade loosened after a 48" cut. As the blade expanded it did not cut as well. My tension meter went from 25 down to 15.

Reply to
Leon

That is tough stuff to cut. Sounds about right. Be sure to only take small bites in the planer also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski