requiescat in pace: the world's finest shop dog

Page 2 of 2
I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss. All pets that are treated as part of the family have their own special personality and place in our world. Yours included Bubby as well as Sugar. We never know why the time comes when it does, but no matter the circumstances the time comes. It is better to hold onto the fond memories rather than the reasons for the loss. When we put down our 14 year old retreiver it was the hardest thing we had ever done. I was there when it happened as I would not want to be anywhere else. We have a new retriever (8 years now) who has her own special personality, and although I still miss Molly, my current Annie is special as all get out. Time will pass and the loss will heal. Remeber the welcome homes and other good memories when you think of Bubby.
Good luck and take care!
Words fail me... Greg
I've experienced a similar loss. Sincere sympathies.
djb
--
"It's better to have something to remember than nothing to regret... " - Frank
Zappa

I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks for posting.
-- Mark
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:16:21 -0500, Silvan
Sorry to hear that Silvan. Maybe pets' short lives show us that our own days are also numbered and that we need to make sure we are "numbering our days rightly" so that when we are called to give an answer, we will be ready to do so.
I also can feel your pain Michael. I have the misfortune of being a huge animal lover myself. This gets me into trouble as we (SWMBO & I) seem to always take in the older dogs from the rescue society that nobody seems to want. Of course we become overly attached to them while they are in their golden years. I would think that we would learn from this as we have been through this three times already. I rationalize it in my little pea brain by trying to give them the best years that I can. It's still amazing how it can turn you into a blubbering wreck though when they go. My thoughts are with you today.
P.

into
<snip> Silvan, Understanding & sharing the loss. Fritzi, Hans, Buffy, Caesar, and Raven over the years. Probably gonna keep going through it until we're gone. Right now we've got our "Lindy" girl, 3+ brindle Boxer, who thinks I'm her personal lap.
Must be our kids all inherited the pet love gene though, as we've got assorted dogs. "Rusty", min. Doxie, "Jack" & "Jill", black Labs, "Roman", gorgeous Husky, "Bam-Bam" & "Sassy", Dobes, & "Pugly", Pug, plus some assorted cats.
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

Condolences from me and my shop buddy Finn. I've buried a lot of friends and squadron mates over the years in peace and war and I've learned to stand stoically beside a coffin and a mourning widow but I know I will be a complete basket case when I lose Finn.
Allen
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:16:21 -0500, Silvan wrote:

When I was a young man, early teens maybe, maybe younger, I came home from school to my dog Puschinka. I went out into the backyard to feed her and rough house with her in the snow but she didn't come running. She didn't come when I called. I found her lying on her side underneath the chain link fence where she had been trying to dig to join the dog in the other yard. Her eye was impaled by the bottom strand of the fence.
Reading Bubby's epitaph I was reminded of that winters afternoon and finding the dog I loved dead ... and painfully so.
Still hurts. Some losses just don't heal. They are written on our hearts and we just carry them with us from that moment on. All of life happens and we shuffle that loss off to a quiet corner and lose track of it. Then something happens and we find ourselves face to face with it again.
I am a Jehovah's Witness. I look forward to a day when these losses no longer occur.
Bill
Anonymous wrote:

Wow. I'm going to go check the perimeter of the fence at Mom's house ASAP and make sure there are no loose wires. This is a problem I never would have imagined.
I am so sorry to read (hear) about this. Bubby was a real person I believe, and most dogs are not really above the animal level, some do make it there. I guess it has to be a natural occurance to merely chance upon such a relationship, it cannot be sought out and made to happen by will power.
This happened to me when I was 5, on a visit to friends in Oregon, a commune in the mountauins around Portland on which people built yurts and geo. domes to live in. A wonderful and love filled small dog attached to me and played and traveled the forrest all day, after a week we left to come back to Ca. and I never saw him again, but I will never forget him, I will see him in heaven, I hope.
(insert bible verse here, but can't remember what it is)
My mother is quite literate, she reads the best literature ever published and has for most of her life. As I read your post I became impressed with your construction of text (none too crudely stated I hope). So, I copied your text into ms_word, used it's functions to edit and change the font, got it all onto two pages and printed it for her to read and believe me, she was very very impressed. That IS saying something.
Your writing quality is worth publishing, which could become a source for your wife's medical bills and further.
So, thank you for the reminder of some possibilities that happen from humanity, as there isn't much of it in my town, at least not at your level.
Silvan wrote:

Every
forepaws on

he
eyes into

Bugger! Sorry to hear of the loss, buddy. Yup, same feeling here towards Ziggy. He's getting a bit long in the tooth now, at nearly 7 years of age. His eyes are starting to cloud and I remember what that means for them. Dunno what I'm gonna do once he goes. I'll probably get another pup and try to forget. I've had 4 dogs in my life, this one is the 5th. What is it that keeps dragging me back to them even though like you, I know it's gonna end in serious pain?
To me, it's the friendship I know will be there. The true kind: unselfish, voluntary, non-stop.
Do yourself a favour: get another pup soon. One you can relate to like Bubby. Takes a while to find one, so get cracking. It will help the healing.

"If one's place in heaven were established by merit and not by priviledge then all dogs would go to heaven." -- Mark Twain
--

FF