Request Joint Referance

I am brainstorming an idea for a bookcase that I would like to build after the Christmas season.
The basic idea is that I would like to make a bookcase that is also a puzzle. I've made wood puzzles before, but don't know much about the larger things like bookcases. What I'm wondering is a good referance to joins that could be used to hold the shelves onto the sides in a stable way without using glue, nails, or other such things.
I would like for the bookshelf to be held togeather with nothing but it's self, and be able to be taken apart again so that it's easy to move from one house to anouther, or just even one room to anouther.
If anyone else has tried to tackle a project like this I would be interested in hearing how it turned out. Also any referances that anyone knows for wood joints without fasteners that would be great if you could point me the way.
Sliding tapered dovetails for the shelves, and a dado to slide the back into to keep the shelves from sliding back out.
Matt Poxson wrote:

stable

Sounds like a perfect job for sliding dovetails -- among other things.
--RC
You can tell a really good idea by the enemies it makes