REQ Advice: Which T-Track to buy

I'm building a router table and have done some research on t-track to use for the fence and miter slot. At this point I'm confused as to which vendor to buy from. I've looked at track from MLCS, Rockler and Woodpeck. They all appear to be different sizes and incompatible with each other. Does anyone have advice on which vendor to pick?
My router table will be an extension wing on the table saw. I'm using a Woodpeck plungelift and a Dewalt 621 router I picked up at a pawn shop. I plan to make a split fence that slides on t-track and has a track for installing featherboards, stops, etc. I don't have an incra fence but I may add an incra jig ultra next year....
I mostly plan on doing raised panel doors and joinery.
Any advice would be appreciated!
On 24 May 2004 19:44:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (todd1814) brought forth from the murky depths:

Keep researching. T-track is shaped with an upside down T opening. Flatheaded bolts slide into them and hold things in position. They're used for movable stops, fences, etc. [Figure B]
U track is what miter gauges freely slide on. [Figure A]
Most featherboards work in U tracks and expand to the sides to bind from moving once positioned.
Goto http://www.leevalley.com , Search for "track", Click on "Jig & Fixture Extrusions". [Figures A-C shown here]
Lee Valley also has good pricing on various knobs, bolts, threaded rod, etc. for jigging and fixturing.
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming
(todd1814) brought

Larry,
Thanks for the info and taking the time to answer. One thing I want to point out though, is that T-Track is also used for Miter slots. Some tablesaws come with a machined T miter and several companies make T miter track you can drop into a router/drill press/etc table.
http://www.woodpeck.com/tmiterchannel.html
On 25 May 2004 16:39:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (todd1814) brought forth from the murky depths:

And they're a PITA. Ask anyone who has one. Bothersome binding. I took one "feel" of one (eons ago) and said "Feh!" Incra's use of a UMHW PE slide might make theirs worthwhile for jigs, and the price ain't too shabby, is it?
Wow, their jig knob selection is inexpensive (1/3 LVT prices!), too. (Hmmm, where's my short crowbar?)
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Get a standard 3/4 x 3/8 Ttrack that will take all the fittings/gauges/etc that you have for your table saw.
Avoid the mini-tracks, as they will require special fittings on feather boards/miter guages/etc
John

Yes, they have various knobs and T-tracks. I use their knobs and also T-tracks. They are much cheaper than Woodcraft, Price Cutters, MLCS.
On 24 May 2004 19:44:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (todd1814) wrote:

I can't remember the brand name, but I use stuff that comes from Woodcraft in clear tubes with red ends. My only criteria was that a standard miter gauge would run in it.
Barry
The Rockler offering is good quality, and they have plenty of the fixtures that go along with it. I went with Rockler because I trust them to have compatible products down the road.
Kevin
--
=====
Where are those Iraqi WMDs, NOW?
todd1814 wrote:

todd1814 wrote:

Wayne replied to my similar question, about a recent review of T-track, by writing "American Woodworker magazine issue #107 for May 2004 had one. It was all t-track." I found the article. Their best pick was Incra's t-track.
As for _miter_ track, I have no idea.
Have you gone to ttrackusa.com? I really liked their extrusions and used them extensively in my own router table. They also make an awesome router fence at a very reasonable price. But the best part is their service. They really took very good care of me whenever I placed an order or followed it up with a question. Stay away from the Hartville stuff as it is very poor quality overall. The extrusions are not anodized but are only dyed if you can believe that ...
todd1814 wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (todd1814) wrote in message

Unistrut P7000 or B-Line B72 - 3/4 X 3/8 T-Track. Special order at lowes or available at some electircal supply houses. About $1.20 or so per foot in 10 foot lengths. Bring a hacksaw :)