Report Charlie Self

Page 1 of 2
Charlie Self, the world-famous woodworking magazine contributer once again displays his impeccable command of the English language. Bay Area Dave was only joking, but we seriously should draw more attention to Charlie so that the people in his "elite" circle truly understand what a sleaze bucket he really is. While insisting that he is "self-employed", it is clear that if the right people are informed of his vulgar side, it will totally have an effect on his career. I think we need to spread this around a bit so the big cheeses Charlie deals with find out what kind of a pig he really is. Start with the people over at woodcraft, but use your own judgement.
All right, already! I don't care if charlie is self employed, unemployed, white, black, ex-military, pacifist, pro-choice, anti-abortion, tee totaling, beer guzzling, gay, hetero, bi, tall, short, fat, skinny, left brained, right brained, no brained, healthy, sickly, handsome, ugly, bald, bushy headed, or any other irrelevant fact; I'd just like him to quit using the "F" word every time I happen upon his posts, which isn't often, but when I do, there it is, and he doesn't reserve it just for me and I was trying to make a point about a "writer" who goes on a public forum and then becomes an invective spewing twit who disrespects the language that he makes all or part of his living with. That's all. It was an OBSERVATION and a PLEA for him to clean up his act. He should know better. I don't write for a living. So MY on-line diatribes aren't a reflection of my professional life. Charlie's is, by the nature of the medium. If I was a contributor to a widely known publication I know that I'd watch what I wrote in public. Is that so hard to understand, people????? sigh... Me thinks some of you worship false idols.
dave
snipped-for-privacy@S.H wrote:

THIS is why I'm not a writer. I messed up sentence construction big time on, "I'd just like him to quit using the "F" word every time I happen > upon his posts, which isn't often, blah blah."
I should have written, "Every time I happen upon one of his posts (which isn't often due to filtering) I find him using the F-word, and he doesn't reserve blah blah..."
Bay Area Dave wrote:
MY on-line diatribes are'nt a reflection of my professional life.
Well it's still a reflection of a part of you, isn't it, "dave".

as is your baiting posts. that's ALL you ever do. At least there is variety to my posts! :)
dave
Jules wrote:

<snip>

You are Troll. You call people a Moron and then you have the nerve to complain about somone who uses the F word.
http://groups.google.com/groups?num 0&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+%22charlie+self%22+group%3Arec.photo.digital+fuck
5 results and only 1 F word out of Charlie.
And the amount of swearing on that ng I think that is a good record. Especially, from someone questioning his service record.
I NEVER questioned his military record you M O R O N!!! Get your facts straight, you moron. Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron Moron
Bet you didn't use the right search criteria...
You are a liar!!
he has used the F word at least 4 times on various newsgroups, you stupid TWIT. I get so sick of people here who L I E. Not that it matters if it was 2 or 10 but I'm sick of your LYING, you MORON!
And you call me a troll...sheesh!
dave
RKON wrote:

http://groups.google.com/groups?num 0&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+%22charlie+self%22+group%3Arec.photo.digital+fuck

OK, well here I started out the day optimistic. Ah well.
(mumble...adjust filters...grumble...)
ah, another satisfied customer.
dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

Dave Dave Dave
I never said you questioned his service record. I worded as follows:
"5 results and only 1 F word out of Charlie. And the amount of swearing on that ng I think that is a good record. Especially, from someone questioning his service record"
Whi did Chalie swear at? You? No, the guy who was questioning his service record.
I never would have ever jumped in if you did not call me a Moron.
Again, coming from you Dave I take that as compliment.
Rich
PS. Dave do you take High Blood Pressure Medication?

http://groups.google.com/groups?num 0&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+%22charlie+self%22+group%3Arec.photo.digital+fuck
ah, a thousand pardons in this case, you WERE directing the comment about the other guy on the photo NG; not me. I see what you mean. Can you see how that could go either way without you explaining it? I have no problem admitting that I misunderstood your intent. As explained, that's a whole nother ball game. Kick my butt, and let's agree that I blew it!!
(But CS HAS used the F word 4 times in it's pure form on a variety of news groups. Not once. but let's not belabor the point. I don't want to quote each post. then I'd just be fueling the fire.)
dave
RKON wrote:

http://groups.google.com/groups?num 0&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+%22charlie+self%22+group%3Arec.photo.digital+fuck

You clearly care about Charlie Self in some way or you wouldn't spend so much time and effort posting about him.
This latest bunch of nonsense from you sounds like a 6 year old saying, "Mommy! Mommy! That man said a *bad* word!" Grow up Dave.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
DUH! How about that! You DID figure out my intent. I thought it might sail over you head, as low as it sits.
dave
snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

acksburg, Va.

Your intent is to sound and act like a whiny 6 year old? You sure aim high, don't you?
Bill Ranck Blacskburg, Va.
I'm gonna tell teacher on you. You hurted my feelings. (to quote a young woman recently seen on national TV). :)
dave
snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

Got no idea what Charlie did to get you whining so but my judgment is that anyone making a post like that without attaching a real name to it is a poor balless example of a man.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Someday, it'll all be over....
If I only read the portion you quoted I'd say the OP is a wise man, rather than an idiot...<g>
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Tom" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY> wrote in message
Larry wrote:>If I only read the portion you quoted I'd say the OP is a wise man, rather

.

Please forgive me for not clarifying that this was the only intelligent thing that this idiot had written. But I still had to take it out of context to make it _appear_ intelligent. I was trying to emphasize the wise thing to do(use your own judgement), and should have "snipped", I suppose. Sorry. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
snipped-for-privacy@S.H drools:

Go for it. I have had no contact with or from Woodcraft since well before December of last year, so they'd love to hear from some troll writing about me.
Charlie Self "An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man's entire existence." Honore de Balzac