Replacement Handles for Gouges

I'm looking for slightly tapered, octagonal handles with a brass ferule.
I'd rather not make them myself. Is there a source of these handles?
Thanks, Joel
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Look towards the bottom of this page for some handles: http://www.woodcraft.com/search2/search.aspx?query=pfeil%20handle
Bill
On Monday, January 6, 2014 6:45:47 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

Thanks ... I saw these before .... I'd prefer to have a ferrule on the tang end.

But you do know that making your own is easy. Just build the handle size you want on the table saw , band saw or router table. Cut to length, you'll get a few at once.
Start to drill, and use one of your gauges and skews in the drill press or a drill held in a vise, to turn the ferules landing.
Finish with shellac, oil, or poly.
--
Jeff

Believe me, I've searched.

Thanks ... I've made plenty of turned handles, but I'd prefer tapered octagonal handles with a brass ferrule. I had a bunch of these and used them up.
If worse came to worse, I suppose I could either 1) turn some, or 2) set up some kind of router jig to shape some tapered handles. I've used short lengths brass of brass tubing for the ferrules.
By the way, I usually finish my handles with the Beale System.

But that is not hard either on a tablesaw or band saw. They are octagon, not round. So why would you turn them. Just rough them out on the saw, then you can chuck them in the lathe to turn the ferrule landing if you have the lathe.
I would just start with square stock and knock off the corners, probably on the band saw. Just build a small sled for your band saw at the desired taper .. do half the sides, stick a shim in, and do the other half.
Use a spoke shave to cleanup or a small plane.
--
Jeff

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:25:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I've used copper pipe caps or connectors for turning gouges - a little softer and thus easier to work with.