Replacement Delta CS motor

it can be done. it involves increasing tension (a spring will work, well enough) and if you get above 2HP going with double sheaves. the spring tension will vary with the depth and bevel of cut. it's kind of a pain to get set up, but it does work.

if you need that much power, consider a cabinet saw.

Reply to
bridger

I was there two weeks ago (for the first time). They had a LOT of maple, red oak, white oak, hard and soft maple, walnut, etc. You name the major local trees, and they have a bunch. I didn't price anything but hard white maple, since that was what I was there for, but it was going for about $3.29/BF for 4/4, IIRC. Before I left, I called Owl Hardwood and was given a price of $6.02/BF. When I stopped at Hardwood Connection, there were asking $5.65/BF. I was buying about 70 BF, so I saved a lot by going to Kirkland. Plus, I just wanted to check the place out.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Thanks. Good to know. Looks like I'll take a run out there next month if I get a chance to go to Hardwood Connection's open house/show

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Grainger is expensive for a retail customer.

Check the local yellow pages under "Motor, Electric".

A few years ago, I bought a replacement Baldor 3HP spa pump motor from a local guy for a fraction of even the best web sources, and far less than other outlets, like Northern Tool and Grainger. The local guy accepted the old motor for a core refund. He needed 48 hours to get it, but the two day wait was worth it.

The local guys are everywhere, sometimes it takes a moment or two to find and call them. This one was 15 minutes from home, and listed with

20 more such shops in the phone book. Typically, they don't take credit cards, so bring a blank check.

FWIW, before he sold me a new motor, he spent a few minutes to see if he could fix the old one.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Yeah Grainger has always been on the pricey side...not a surprise.

On a funnier note, the motor actually works fine! Originally when I pushed the reset button to see if that was the problem, it didn't go down all the way. But i thought that was as low as it could go. I was disassembling the motor again last night...lo and behold, a tiny chip of wood wedge in under the reset button. Plucked that booger outta there, pushed the reset button and voila! I feel stupid and relieved at the same time! Thanks for all your help guys!

jwoo

Reply to
jwoo

I never feel stupid until after I've spent the money!

Glad it's working!

Reply to
B a r r y