Replace/weld Carbide tooth

All
I picked up a bunch of saw blades and two of them have a carbide tooth missing. Are replacement teeth available to weld on or does this not happen?
Thanks Bob AZ

Any decent sharpening company can replace teeth. You do need to look at cost though. It can get expensive.

Any decent sharpening company can replace teeth. You do need to look at cost though. It can get expensive.
Last time I paid for this service, $2.50 per tooth. Since he said 2 of them have "a" tooth missing the cost should not be prohibitive.

How well does it work? I'd be a bit worried about a tooth flying off.
On 7/18/10 6:50 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

It's how they're put on in the first place.
--

-MIKE-

Yeah, I been smacking myself in the forehead since I realized he meant carbide tip and not the whole tooth. :(

It works the same as when the blade was originally made.

As well as any of the other teeth. This is a very common repair by a sharpening service.

It *might* be possible to run them with one or two teeth missing.
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:28:40 -0700 (PDT), Father Haskell

OH, sure, Ollie. Yust knock one off d opposite side, ya.
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

ROTFL!!

Been there, done that....
It's usually better (symmetry permitting) to take them off in threes
If you don't hold with such shade-tree engineering, then look at the history of Art Arfons and his Green Monster. If you can do it to a jet engine and set a land speed record afterwards...

You can have the carbide teeth welded back on, but it would vary in price and quality by service.
If you're interested, here's what Forrest will do and for how much. http://www.forrestblades.com/sharpprice.htm
Puckdropper

On 7/18/2010 12:34 AM, Bob AZ wrote:

Foley-Belsaw will sell you the teeth in packs of 25 for around 10 bucks (exact price depends on the size and shape of the teeth--some are more than 10, some are less) or an assortment for around 65. <https://shop-foley-belsaw.com/ and search on "tip". But if you're not already set up to do this, you'll find that any decent sharpening service can attach new teeth, grind them to match the others, and rebalance the blade for a reasonable price.
wrote the following:

Yes, silver-brazed, saw sharpening shop, $5-8 per if they do it.
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
Bob AZ wrote:

charged me $2/tooth for new carbide. Obviously, a few can be worth it, but the costs add up.

Soldered, actually. Silver-copper alloy.
Yes, you can run them like that especailly if they are not next to each other.
Any good saw shop can replace them. Price varies widely. $2.50 to $8 is probably a pretty good range.
Saw teeth whether new or replacement, should never come off whole and should be very hard to break. The technology is there.
You might take them to a good shop and have them check them out for flatness or you can do it yourself.
See: http://www.carbideprocessors.com/pages/Hammering-Saw-Blades.html
Tom