Repeating cuts of 3/16" dowel

I'm working on a jig to hold my wood for planeing. Part of the jig requires cutting a dowel rod to pieces (mostly) the same size. I need 12 such pieces, about an 1" to 1 1/2" in size.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the cuts evenly and efficiently? I don't have a band saw, and don't have plans to get one soon.
Puckdropper

That's simple.
I'd use a bench hook, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_hook with a stop the inch from the edge of the hook. Clamp a piece of wood to your bench for the stop.
Push the dowel until it hits the stop. Cut at the edge of the hook. Repeat. My benchhook has the top guide flush with the edge (unlike the above drawing). I use this as a guide for square cuts.

That looks like a good idea, thanks!
Puckropper
--
Hey, where's my signature.txt file? (Must not be copied over yet... ah
the joys of a new hard drive.)

He doesn't say what he has. Personally I'd just clamp a stop to the fence on my RAS and chop chop chop. One should be able to do the same with a CMS or SCMS.

I thought of that, but we've got 3" of snow on the ground and I don't want to mess with it. (My power tool shop is the great outdoors.)
Puckdropper
--
Oh, there it is. ;-)

I glued an old style wooden clothespin with the spring to a piece of plywood to hold dowels when I need to cut little pieces with my chopsaw. Or try this: http://tinyurl.com/y7z7pa
"Puckdropper" wrote in message

On apparently occasions in this current wooddorking world, nothing beats a handsaw ... this is one of them, IMHO.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/27/07

That was going to be my suggestion. A 3/16 dowel would be about half a light stroke with a good japanese pull saw, or a little jig could be rigged up with a stop and some kind of bearing surface for a flush cut saw, if you were doing a whole bunch. Good luck, Andy