Repairing TS power cord

Page 2 of 2
Do not plug that saw in w/o replacing plug. If you're not sure how to wire it then cut off the plug with a bit of the original cord attached, go get a new plug(best quality available), and wire it by looking at old plug.

Thanks, guys, for all the responses to my query about fixing the plug on my table saw.
The snide comments about my abilities to use the saw if I couldn't change the plug end were especially helpful.
But a genuine nod of apprecation to those of you who took the time to answer my question earnestly and assist me to fix the problem myself.
Of course I was capable of fixing it with a little instruction. I bet some of you guys even had to have somebody show you the first time how to change the oil in your car. But did that keep you from driving it until you learned?
Call me crazy, but I've always been just a little skittish around electricity ever since I watched a friend arc himself to the emergency room (after we put out the fire on his head). For me there's just something about not really understanding it and being able to see it that makes me nervous. I can see a spinning saw blade, understand how it cuts, and watch to keep my fingers well clear. Not the same with live current.
In the end, no real offense taken. Thanks again to those of you who helped me out. If I can ever return the favor. . .
Ian
I like your attitude. This group is about sharing and learning, right?? Jay
On 5 Jan 2004 15:58:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Ian Dodd) wrote:

Ian Dodd wrote:

Around here prepubescents aren't allowed to drive.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio