repair stationary belt sander

It sounds like a bearing is gone on my Craftsman 6"x48" stationary belt san= der. I have taken enough off to expose and remove the C clips on the ends = of the shaft. However, I can see no way to remove the bearings on either e= nd of the roller. The roller itself will not come off - it appears to be mo= unted permanently. The bearings seem to be in a "plastic" ring; the latter = is not listed as a separate part, so it may come with the bearing as a sing= le unit. =20

Anybody out there have a clue how to remove and replace the bearings? If I= do one is it time to do all four of them?

Thanks, Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Pictures or at least link to parts diagram????

It had to go on; it must somehow come off... :) I was donated a similar-sized Craftsman a number of years ago but I've almost never used it and certainly haven't taken it apart to know otomh, sorry...

--

Reply to
dpb