repair glue joint spilts in "butcher block"

I bought a maple top to build a workbench and stored it standing on end. The end on the floor has absorbed moisture and split 3-6 inches on 4 glue lines. What is the best repair? Please help. Thanks
On 03 Feb 2004 22:15:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote:

Howdy,
I cannot tell you what is best, but I can tell you what I have done with a similar maple top:
I ripped the boards through the failed joint, jointed them, and reglued. The results were good as new (maybe better <g>).
Good luck with it,
--
Kenneth

Yah, same here, tear it apart, joint and reglue. Then put a finsh on it damn it!
mark
(BErney1014) wrote:

The
lines.

Ouch, that damn thing weighs about a 100 pounds. It came with a finish not worth a cent. I picked up some 8/4 stock to widen the top and add a tool recess since I'll be cutting it apart. I'll reglue with waterproof glue or poly. Thanks