Repair desk finish

I have a teak desk that I bought at a Scandanavian store many years ago. In my previous office, I had the right side against the wall and I needed to secure a few wires so I attached a couple of those wire guides with the double-stick tape on the back to the top corner of the desk. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I was in a hurry.
I recently moved my office and now the left side is against the wall. I was able to get most of the double-stick tape off except for a little residue. so, again in a hurry, I used some Goof-Off or something similar. Unfortunately, it softened the finish, too. When I wiped it off, it left the finish cloudy and slightly tacky.
Is there any simple way to fix that one spot (about 2" x 3") or so without refinishing the entire top?
I don't know if the finish is polyurethane, lacquer, or what. I'm guessing it's not polyurethane as Goof-Off probably wouldn't touch that, right?
LurfysMa wrote:

Trying to take shorts cuts is what got you in this fix in the first place, but you already know that.
I'd contact a professional restorer and get an opinion and also a quote, if they will give you one.
Lew
LurfysMa wrote:

Lacquer, dollars to doughnuts. Easy to spot refinish lacquer...
--
dadiOH

Thanks to everyone for the help. I was able get it looking pretty good with some steel wool and some lacquer touch up in a spray can.