Rent workshop space in South Florida

I am working on a small project and need to find a place that allows people to use their tools for a fee. Is there any such place in south florida?

Reply to
jen_designs

seems to me the liability issues for such a place would be formidable. ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

Local community college or trade school?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Not sure what city that would be but you can try

Here in the SF Bay Area we have lots of these co-ops and shared workshop type locations. Most of them advertise on craigslist. Space goes quick but does open up now and then. Around here it's usually about $300 a month for a 10x10 space and access to the shop tools.

I was in one for about a year and made some good friends and learned a lot from other craftsman.

BW

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

They do exist. Woodcraft used to have some stores setup like that. A guy in NJ recently opened a workshop with some rather nice equipment.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

I live in Pompano Beach.

Reply to
jen_designs

jen snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1120049880.748948.306560 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Woodcraft, over on Federal Highway somewhere near 10th might. They used to have a rental shop space, before they moved/changed ownership.

I don't think Constantines does, down on Oakland Park Blvd, but you could try calling them...they may know of somewhere.

Aside from that, I can't think of anything...you might try calling some of the little cabinet shops that do yacht joinery, there seem to be dozens of them around and maybe while it's slow one of them would rent out some space.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

It's a shame you aren't closer, I don't rent my shop, but helping folks out isn't considered a bad thing ;>). Tom

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta