renewing teak

My mother in law has several pieces of teak furniture from thier time in germany in the 60s. Over time, it has developed a sticky, dark filw which she would like to remove. I dont think the wood has been stained but inot sure what would have been used to finish or what will safely remove this nasty film any help? rob
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:24:34 GMT, "R. Constantine"

first thing to try is murphy's oil soap.
"Constantine" writes:

If this is truly Thai teak, then salt water and a soft brush will do wonders.
It is the only thing that ever gets used on teaks decks of a proper yacht.
If it's some other kind of el-cheapo teak, then all bets are off.
HTH
Lew