Removing Watco & Wax

I recently built 50 name plates made of hard maple. They were finished with Natural Watco, buffed on a Beall lathe system with tripoli then lightly buffed with Carnauba Wax. The customer complains that he wants them darker -- much darker. If nevessary, I'll rebuild the whole order but I'd prefer to refinish the existing ones. Here's my question. Is there anything that can be wiped on the maple that would remove (most or all) the Watco and wax then allow me to restain? Thanks
Not sure but Naptha should take off the wax.

Else, gel stain/colored varnish might save the rebuild.
1/4-20 does indeed refer to the inside threads, 1/4 inch being the major diameter of the bolt and 20 being the number of threads per inch, tpi. As a rule, the hole for any screw thread should be the minor diameter of the screw, the size of the piece at the low point on the threads. Said another way, imagine the size of the piece of metal if all the actual thread was ground away to form a smooth piece. On some critical pieces, I have been known to actually take an extra and do this, grinding it down and then measuring with calipers. If it were a small sized woodscrew or a bolt, you could look it up in a table, but I'm not sure about anything this big with wood threads. Perhaps the manufacturer/distributor has this information?