removing paint from sandpaper

we use a Ryobi spindle sander to distress painted picture frames. The sandpaper does not get worn but fills with the latex paint. Any suggestions on removing the paint for longer use?

Reply to
osuroche

You may want to check the lee valley web site. They offer a foam block for cleaning sand paper.

West

Reply to
Justin West

Try a wire wheel to remove paint, the finish with spindle sander.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I use a art gum eraser type product that's designed to clean sanding belts. I'd expect it to remove the paint, but not really sure it will be as effective as removing built-up sawdust.

Dave

Reply to
David

Crepe rubber sandpaper cleaners.

I bought a Porter Cable version at Coastal Tool for about $3. Now, I hardly ever replace my 12" sanding disc.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y