removing paint from sandpaper

we use a Ryobi spindle sander to distress painted picture frames. The sandpaper does not get worn but fills with the latex paint. Any suggestions on removing the paint for longer use?
You may want to check the lee valley web site. They offer a foam block for cleaning sand paper.
http://www.leevalley.com
Regards,
Justin West
osuroche wrote:

Try a wire wheel to remove paint, the finish with spindle sander.
Lew
osuroche wrote:

I use a art gum eraser type product that's designed to clean sanding belts. I'd expect it to remove the paint, but not really sure it will be as effective as removing built-up sawdust.
Dave

Crepe rubber sandpaper cleaners.
<http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10979
I bought a Porter Cable version at Coastal Tool for about $3. Now, I hardly ever replace my 12" sanding disc. <G>
Barry