Removing hand saw screws

I am trying to remove the handle from an old hand saw. The problem is that the screws just spin. These are not the split nut kind, it is more like a carriage bolt with the same rounded head. I don't want to mar the handle to take them off. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan Kratville

Drill a hole in the rounded head, and use a screw extractor? Tom

Reply to
tom

Clean the head thoroughly to remove all wax and grease. Epoxy a nut to the head. When cured, remove said bolt. While the bolt is out of the saw heat it with a torch to soften the epoxy & remove the nut. Or just throw it away and replace it with something better.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher