Removing Chuck on DP100

I have this drill press and cant figure out a way to remove the chuck. It doesnt have a slot like most of them. Anyone done this before on the dp100(ryobi)
MSgeek said:

I'm not sure about this model, but generally the chuck is held on Drill Presses by friction and a tapered joint. If there is no screw visible inside the center of the chuck, I would say smack the shit out of it and it should fall off. <g>
Greg G.
Greg is correct -- that's what I had to do on my DP100.
Greg G. wrote in message

Except you don't smack the shit out of it. The chuck is hold on by either a Jacobs 33 taper or a DIN version. You buy a couple of Jacobs wedges from a supply catalog, put them on between the chuck and the quill or shoulder on the spindle, and squeeze with a C-clamp. Pops it off.
GTO(John)

GTO69RA4 said:

Yea, Yea, You're right - In a utopian world. Wedges for an $89 drill press + waiting for the shipper? Smacking it with a block of wood works for me. <g>
Greg G.