Removing Chuck on DP100

I have this drill press and cant figure out a way to remove the chuck. It doesnt have a slot like most of them. Anyone done this before on the dp100(ryobi)

Reply to
MSgeek

I'm not sure about this model, but generally the chuck is held on Drill Presses by friction and a tapered joint. If there is no screw visible inside the center of the chuck, I would say smack the shit out of it and it should fall off.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Except you don't smack the shit out of it. The chuck is hold on by either a Jacobs 33 taper or a DIN version. You buy a couple of Jacobs wedges from a supply catalog, put them on between the chuck and the quill or shoulder on the spindle, and squeeze with a C-clamp. Pops it off.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Yea, Yea, You're right - In a utopian world. Wedges for an $89 drill press + waiting for the shipper? Smacking it with a block of wood works for me.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.