Removing a Morse Taper Tool - 33 Seconds or Less

Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out there before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it useful.

Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

Ridgid neither have a slot for such a tool.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Most of the larger units have Morse Tapers... Most of the smaller bench top and even some floor models use the Jacobs Taper mount only.

I'm probably going to make a video for that too some day. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I have a Taiwanese bench top drill press I bought many years ago. It has the slot and the tool came with it. And I don't think a bench top qualifies as industrial grade.

I guess I'll have to look around if I ever need a new drill press.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Actually both mine have Morse and jacobs tapers. My delta Morse taper started falling out once but I finally got it to stay. Guess they were just cheap models.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Bummer. My new Delta came with the slot and the tool, IIRC my old Rockwell did too.

Reply to
Leon

never know what they are.

Reply to
Father Haskell

The tip was good for one thing, at least: a box of miscellaneous tools-n-stuff that I bought at an auction a couple years ago had one of those tools in it.

Now I know what it's for.

Reply to
Doug Miller

never know what they are.