Removing a Morse Taper Tool - 33 Seconds or Less

Thought this might be useful for some here. I believe I put this out there before for all to see a while back, but the recent discussions I had offline with someone in another forum made me think others here might find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Good tip if you have an industrial DP, but my old Delta and my new Ridgid neither have a slot for such a tool.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Most of the larger units have Morse Tapers... Most of the smaller bench top and even some floor models use the Jacobs Taper mount only.
I'm probably going to make a video for that too some day. :)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Actually both mine have Morse and jacobs tapers. My delta Morse taper started falling out once but I finally got it to stay. Guess they were just cheap models.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:57:05 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

I have a Taiwanese bench top drill press I bought many years ago. It has the slot and the tool came with it. And I don't think a bench top qualifies as industrial grade.
I guess I'll have to look around if I ever need a new drill press.

Bummer. My new Delta came with the slot and the tool, IIRC my old Rockwell did too.

The tip was good for one thing, at least: a box of miscellaneous tools-n-stuff that I bought at an auction a couple years ago had one of those tools in it.
Now I know what it's for.

Simple but damn handy.

See lots of old drifts at flea market tables. The vendors never know what they are.
"Father Haskell" wrote:

------------------------------------- Put a piece of soft 4x4 on table and under chuck to absorb impact of chuck dropping and you don't need a helper any more.
Lew