removable cabinet hanging

My friend's mom asked me if it's possible to hang a cabinet on the wall without making it a permanent fixture. Her reason for wanting to do this is.. the placement of the cabinet will obscure moving the refrigerator twice a year for cleaning behind it.
So, here's what I told her..
I said, that if you take a piece of wood, the width of the cabinet, and rip it down it's length at roughly 45 degrees. You can mount one piece onto the wall, and fasten the other onto the back of the cabinet. This would provide a non-permanent mounting for the cabinet as the two pieces would lock together once mated. ie; no need to remove screws or other hardware.
What I would like to know from you fine people is.. Does this type of mounting exist in the hardware world ? - I know I can build it for roughly $2 but I'm not sure how flush the cabinet will sit on the wall as I haven't actually seen it in about 10 years.
Thanks for all responses.. Mike..
Rewsta wrote:

Rockler.com, part number 66605. 18" width, $4.99 a pair. 7/16" protrusion.
Jerry

You rock, thanks a million Jerry

I once removed enough half inch drywall (width of the two mounting strips together) and, using half inch baltic birch fashioned as you describe, and spanning two studs made a cabinet mount flush to the drywall.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Rewsta wrote:
<snip

Depends on how flat/straight the wall is. Most aren't.
It also depends on the cabinet size...the bigger it is the more wavy wall it will encounter.
-- dadiOH ____________________________
It's so nice to hear of people still cleaning behind their fridge... Tom
On 3 Oct 2005 21:20:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "tom"

Have you moved a new fridge lately? They're all on rollers now and are so light that it takes only one hand for a housewife to move them.
--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln
"Rewsta" wrote in message ...

More commonly known as a "french cleat".
Make it less wide than the cabinet and you will have some wiggle room to slide the cabinet back and forth for more precise positioning.
>and rip it down it's length at roughly 45 degrees. You can mount one piece onto the

Use two, one at the top, and one at the bottom for a stronger, more stable installation (go to page 2 of my projects journal on the website below and scoll down to the 4/2/03 date for pictures of two french cleats in use on a wall cabinet).
Trim attached to the cabinet will transition between the cabinet and the wall.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Yes, the French cleat idea is good and works well. Use a length of furring strip at the bottom to even things out.

That's a bad idea. Use at least a pair of screws (top and bottom) to secure the cabinet. They're quick to remove for the biannual cleaning.

Use the hardwood cleats instead of metal ones. If you use 3/4" hardwood, rip a small piece to match at the end so it covers the cleat gap.
--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln
Rewsta wrote:

As others have mentioned, what you are picturing is a French cleat. IIRC, someone on this group once warned against such a steep angle for a heavy cabinet. I would think 15 or 20 degrees should hold it against the wall just fine, barring any earthquakes.
-John