Remote control for dust collection?

Looking for recommendations on remote controls for a Delta 1 HP Single Stage Dust Collector (AP400) hooked up 110v on a 20 amp circuit. Thanks on advance.

Reply to
Geo

I use a "Long Ranger" from Penn State Industries; it came with my DC.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

For the price I paid, the Shop Fox isn't bad. It comes with 2 remotes. I did have to have 1 replaced because it went dead within a few months. I've had 2 units working for almost 3 years now.

Dave

Geo wrote:

Reply to
David

I have the Shop Fox. I couldn't live without it. Comes with two remotes so one can be always lost :)

About $35 from local supplier.

Reply to
JC

I've had the long ranger for several years now and it has never left me wanting more. It does not need line of sight with the receiver. I am still using the original battery so they last a long time. The range is long enough that I have never been out of range in my 22x22 shop. I don't know what the limit is, I've never reached it. It is NOT shirt pocket size, so you won't lose it. It lays perfectly on the center of my Bies fence. Has a pocket clip, but that rarely gets used.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

Thanks to you and others who posted about this. I have a long ranger which appears to be the only popular option for 220v. I've been wanting something similar to run my shop vac. I think the shop fox is the perfect solution. The best price I could find was $40 on Amazon (Grizzley). If you can point me to a lower cost supplier via the internet, that would be great.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

On 15 Jun 2005 14:38:27 -0700, the opaque "JC" spake:

Dangle one from the center of the shop on a string. If you can't find the one which should be in your apron pocket, use the dangler.

Sucha deal!

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

================= What apron.... I ain't got no apron... ! I did once.. but I lost that too.... into the laundry and never returned...like the money in my pants pocket...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:18:55 -0400, the opaque Bob G. spake:

Since you lost your loot, this might be in your budget:

If you found 2 more ducats, this one looks nice:
bought one of these to keep my legs from getting fried, and it's a better one for protection against kickback if I don't pay attention:
------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I use the ones from

Since I run a pretty hefty barrel type, I hooked it to a switcher which in turn starts the dust collector. Mine was only $20 but I already had the switcher so I didn't need to buy a heavy duty one. These use x10 technology. It comes with a 6 button remote and a module that plugs in the wall. You can turn on and off one device and dim the lights on that circuit and then turn another device on or off. Pretty cool, I have the other device hooked to my neon lights that hang in the window.

cheers..jb

Reply to
biff steele