remodeling stairs

I am getting ready to convert a carpeted stairway (it reverses and has a middle landing) to all hardwood. I would like to build and finish the treads, and then attach them to the stringers, as opposed to the traditional tongue and groove nailing/sanding/finishing, as I need to use the darn things daily. My initial thoughts were to use my Kreg mini jig to make pocket holes in the stringers to attach the treads from below. Bad idea? Any other ideas? Appreciate your inputs!

dd

Reply to
ddowel