Remember Afghanistan?

Russ,
Ran across this this morning, and thought it might brighten your day...
From Afghanistan, the story of the week:
So we are up in the mountains at about 0100 hrs looking for a bad guy that we thought was in the area. Here are ten of us, pitch black, crystal clear night, about 25 degrees. We know there are bad guys in the area, a few shots have been fired but no big deal. We decide that we need air cover and the only thing in the area is a solo B-1 bomber. He flies around at about 20,000 feet and tells us there is nothing in the area. He then asks if we would like a low level show of force. Stupid question. Of course we tell him yes. The controller who is attached to the team then is heard talking to the pilot. Pilot asks if we want it subsonic or supersonic. Very stupid question. Pilot advises he is twenty miles out and stand by. The controller gets us all sitting down in a line and points out the proper location. You have to picture this. Pitch black, ten killers sitting down, dead quiet and overlooking this 30 mile long valley. All of a sudden, way out (below our level) you see a set of four 200' white flames coming at us. The controller says, "Ah-guys-you might want to plug your ears". Faster than you can think a B-1, supersonic, 1000' over our heads, blasts the sound barrier and it feels like God just hit you in the head with a hammer". He then stands it straight up with 4 white trails of flame coming out and disappears. Cost of gas for that: Probably $50,000
Hearing damage: For certain Bunch of ragheads thinking twice about shooting at us: Priceless
Love,
Dad
SCHWEEEET!
That made my nipples hard!
err, did I say that out loud?

lol

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:15:01 GMT, "William R. Woods a loon "

PLONK Buhbye loon.
Well I'm Canadian so it hits me a little less to have 3000 or so innocent country men and women murdered, so calling the people partly responsible "ragheads" is all right by me - Personally I'd call them far worse. So I think the only one who needs plonking is you
As you said so well larry (the loon)
PLONK Buhbye loon

How many children in the area? You don't care do you.

The post didn't say anything about dropping any bombs, just a plane breaking the sound barrier. But if those children are to grow up to kill us then send them to be with the 70 virgins. Ounce of prevention and all.

you're making the same mistake. It's VIRGINIANS, not virgins.     j4
LOL
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"jo4hn" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
WHOA, easy on us Virginians.
This is a primarily a conservative commonwealth. The last thing they (terrorists) want is a bunch of Virginians with concealed weapons permits waiting for him at the pearly gates. I don't think the terrorists understand the dangers of approaching a bunch of men in 4x4's with gun racks and windows stickers that read "They'll get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead body!". I can see God whispering to his son now, "Hey, watch what these Virginians do. If you liked the Lethal Weapon movies you'll love this!".
Terrorists would prefer to be greeted by a bunch of liberals from Hollywood waiting at the pearly gates with flowers and apologizing for the evil (it's all because of oil you know) that the US has done to them in that past.

breaking
send
@hotmail.com says...

... snip

... and apparently neither did the natives who were engaging the Americans. But it also seems if you read the original posting, this was a remote, uninhabited, area such that your rant was a non-issue.

Good thing them bag guys didn't have any heat-seekers handy.
Story reminds me of a day when I was a kid and walleye fishing in a small inlet with my dad and grandfather. We were in a 14 ft. open fishing boat on a reservoir in the Michigan UP (God's country). Gorgeous peaceful summer day. Nobody in sight. Trees all around. Then we hear a low rumble followed moments later by the sight of an F4 flying just above the tree tops going nearly right over us. I mean these guys were flying REAL LOW And then the F4's gone and its nice and quiet again.
That's what I call tax dollars put to good use. Never forget the moment.
- GRL
"It's good to want things."
Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)

"Jet noise - the sound of Freedom!"
Rob

snip
Supersonic run, at night, no notice. Not much of a chance against something moving that fast. Remember, you don't here the noise till he's already going away, FAST. Also, in the message, he went vertical, which means he was out of the envelope in seconds.
Cheers, Eric
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:15:01 GMT, "William R. Woods"
[suspect gingoistic fairy tale snipped]
Didn't a wreck regular post this the other day as a letter from his son/nephew/other?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

Yes,
and I commented how it's hard to believe their real, actual 'letters home' from the troops.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

I remember that. I was suspicious then, too. (and I now realize I misspelled "jingoistic')