remedy for clean cut

regarding fancy chopping blocks i'm not making one but using my own twist to achieve something similar i would be horrified if anything i make was equated with a museum or the word musuem was used to describe anything
use it, wear it out, break it, fix it, toss it, kindling, clay pidgeon
in the previous post I just cut a curvy line through a laminated square
leon pointed right to my mistake, i did not create a gap between to allow for the thickness of the lath I was attempting to use between to give it a nice curvy accent
here's what I'm going to do next
route a shallow rabbet half the width of the lath into each curve face route the curve face flush then apply good woodwork habits like gluing,clamping,sanding,finish probably more sanding,finish maybe repeat last one
only adding one curvy accent
On 2/7/2015 8:41 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

That just might work! Let us know if it does as it will probably eliminate the need for a pattern.
BUT keep in mind when you created the halves you have already removed some material so I would think that your removing half the thickness of the replacement material from each side might be a touch too much.
Practice on a scrap.
On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 13:14:39 -0600

i will report back on it

you're right, good catch I may secure a couple of winds of tape around the bearing to handle that

it's close to being scrap so will go for it I can always salvage something from it
i like those challenges let's face it sometimes the usual stuff gets boring
i even have started to look at objects of wood at the 2nd hand shops and imagine them in a different form
an old kitchen table cut the legs to coffee height cut the discards in half laminate those to the remaining legs put a square edge to the top refinish
trying to imagine how it could look is the fun part
you get the idea folks get tired of looking at the same patterns whether it be the table's edge or geometric shape or color sometimes applying some thought and tools can make a difference