Reglue

I am trying to disassemble an old child's maple school chair so that I can reglue it. However, some very "wise" person has put finish nails through all the tenons. Does anyone have a method to remove them without destroyng the chair? Thanks

Reply to
Larry

If you can't pull 'em out, can you use a small pin punch (or larger nail) to push 'em on through far enough to pull out the other side? This approach may help to minimize damage to the chair...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Another option might be to try one of the Chair Doctor type of glues.

mp