regarding those curvaceous chests of drawers

Greetings, I visited the Art Institute of Chicago last week. Imagine my surprise and delight when I chanced upon a curved chest of drawers down in the children's area. I regret that I didn't note the artist's name, but it was somebody you've heard of. It was built in the 50s!

The more things change...

The artist had a cute story about some Pandora-like heroine opening three of the four drawers and thus releasing the enclosed wishes. Only one drawer had never been opened -- the kids were asked to tell which drawer it was, and what the wish inside was. I was down there to take over kid-duty, so I couldn't take the time to memorize the text.

The chest stood about 5 feet high, maybe 20 inches across at the top, curving out like a pear to maybe 3 feet across at the widest. Heavy dark finish; couldn't tell what kind of wood it was. (I'm describing it from that quick look; somebody else can go with a tape measure.)

I think that cabinet could add a different perspective to our recent excitement over that LV cover.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis