Refrigerator Panels

Looking at pics on the web of many very nice kitchens, they're are lots that have refrigerators that look built-in - the doors/sides match the cabinets.

I've searched around on the internet and can't figure out where you get refrigerators that are set up to handle added on panels like this. GE has some but you have to choose from their panels.

Can anyone educate me about how you'd go about doing this ?

jim

Reply to
Jim Bailey

SUB-ZERO makes fridges where you install your own. They are countertop depth. (25") 30" to 48" wide models. I have installed 2- 36" units side by side for clients and it is impressive. They also make under-counter units. Available with glass doors even. As usual... not cheap.

Have a look:

Robatoy

They will have just what you need.

Jim

Reply to
Jeepnstein

Many of the top brands have models that can facilitate the mounting of custom panels. Just call a higher end appliance store for some brands/models.

Here's a link to a Kitchenaid fridge installation manual, with instructions on making your own panel templates and installation.

mp

Go to your local appliance store. There are many with a track on either side of the door to accept slide in panels. max

Reply to
max

My brother has a sub-zero like that, but it cost more than tripple a decent regular fridge... It's also shallower so that it is flush with the cabinets (normally a fridge is much deeper than your cabinets, and so just a face mount wouldn't cut it...)

John

Reply to
julvr

If you are not squemish about applying contact cement to a brand new refrigerator.............you can get a lot of wear and a lot of choices in color from formica. I have not got around to it yet but , I am going to cover a dehumidifier this way. Also the less expensive refridges with replaceable panels....... if you can get the thickness of the track, you could make a sort of raised panel covering, that might look good. Good luck Lyndell

Reply to
Lyndell Thompson