Refinishing a Teak kitchen table?

I've done some research over the internet about refinishing a teak kitchen table. However i was wondering if somebody who has actually done this has any tips or could reccomend a website that shows the proper way to do this?

Thanks for any help. Mr.White

Reply to
kpwhite

Try this???

professorpaul

Are you sure that it is really teak? I have seen many "teak" tables sold in Scandinavian furniture stores in the U.S. that are laminates of something other than teak.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

That would also be my question.

If you paid less that about $3K for that table (chairs extra), doubt very much it is teak.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

All the teak Scandinavian furniture I have seen *is* teak. Veneer (over particle board usually), but teak. Same with their rosewood. Why in the world would they misrepresent a veneer?

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Refinish it with what? Teak is wood, refinish it like any other wood. Just don't sand if it is teak veneer and don't put a stain on it in any case (tain won't hurt it, just detracts).

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Ikea last week. Teak garden chairs, $50. Yes, it's genuine teak.

If you're not fussy about grade or sustainability, teak isn't all that expensive.

As to refinishing it, then teak is generally oiled, rather than any film forming finich on top of it. Cleaning and oiling is all it needs to re-finish it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Little boxes, Little boxes..... ....... And they're all made out of teaky-tacky..."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi