Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

Hey, despite what you think, I'm not that old to not be worried about being cut off ...

Reply to
Swingman

Sounds like a problem that could be solved (or at least improved) through woodworking. You can get a heck of a lot of drums in a cabinet whose shelves are numerous and just the right distance apart. Or you could scrap the whole lot and go electronic. :)

That's one of the nice things about the "Keyboard Armoire"; it's attractive enough that it doesn't need to be hidden in a part of the house that's hard to get to. There were years that my gear went out and came back in 100 times (a number that would have been higher if I hadn't just left the equipment in the car between closely-spaced gigs) so it saved me a great deal of work. I highly recommend the idea.

The table saw is

I'm sure I would never have the patience for that. I'd be taking up the harmonica instead.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Awww, poor little ole drummers ... don't think I've ever been in a band where one of us wouldn't finally take pity on the poor drummer and help get his crap loaded in the van/bus, if nothing else just so we could _finally_ get on the road to the next gig. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Doug Miller wrote in news:XnsA1418B680D404dougmilmaccom@88.198.244.100:

Yep ...

Reply to
Han

That perfectly describes my experience when moving between woodworking and music. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

The shelves are in place. That other comment will be ignored because of my new year resolution to be nicer. My resolutions last about a week, you you just made the deadline. :-)

Rest of the house has steps. Worse problem. :-) If I really wanted to waste some money, I'd use a cartage service and not haul anything.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If only other were so nice. I love getting on the bus and looking around for a set, only to find guitars taking up valuable butt space. Too precious to go under the bus, I guess. My advise: discover the hard case.

I'm the first one at the gig and the last one out. Mostly, because I don't want to be the last one set up... and I don't like having crap on stage, in others' way.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Awww. I was tweaking you on purpose.

If electronic drums are insufficiently attractive, you could wrap them in some nice cherry. Painted, of course.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I actually have a 3, 15 gallon stainless steel set up which was all gravity feed for all grain brewing. In the 80's I was winning competitions in Seattle. To ferment an ale you want to be about 62-63 F. If your doing lager with lager yeast you need a controlled temp cooler, although I used to do them in the shop where in a cupboard I could keep them in the low 50'/40's. Just have to pick the right yeast. Give it a try you may get hooked.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

LOL it is amazing what you'll do to enjoy a good view. 8-) I don't know if it's good or bad that all the equipment is still in good working order. I would hate to know how much it's cost me over the years.

Mke M

Reply to
Mike M

Which can be so frustrating. And your not talking about picking up hand tools it's more like a set change in broadway show.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Perfect analogy.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have no doubt I'd get hooked. I like imperial stouts and ipa's, so even though there'd be cost up front, I'm quite certain I'd end up saving money based on what I spend for good high gravity beers. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I had as good a view as one could possibly ask for on my last major gig. Problem is, once they started talking, they got ugly fast. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

The fact that your hear says a lot of people won't float your boat.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I sort of experience the same thing every time my best friend's family comes over for dinner. After dinner while we're relaxing, his wife always goes and does the dishes.

While i'm appreciative of this cleaning up act, she also puts everything away and I can't find some of it after that. So far to date, a potato peeler, two steak knives, one glass and a dinner plate have done missing. I've even looked in the garbage when items go missing, but so far I've never been able to find any of it.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 11:49:26 -0600, Leon

I was thinking of a lawyer in the context of all the leeching relatives attempting to sue me for some of the winnings. But, you're right in the sense that it's usually the lawyers that end up with a significant amount of the money.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:37:43 -0500, "dadiOH"

Guess it's a universal part of the human equation. Occasionally, I watch the "hoarders" TV show. Damn, there's some screwed up people out there.

Reply to
Dave

You can appreciate the thought that I shared with Kim a couple of night ago. You can also probably imagine the look I got which also comes with the VETO stamp.

I suggested eliminating the drawer above the "plastic stuff" cabinet. Make that drawer front into a hinged opening to expose a chute to the "plastic stuff" cabinet directly below.

For me this would eliminate the routine of opening the cabinet door and tossing in the "plastic stuff" and closing the door before something else falls out.

Why is it that the "plastic stuff" always has to be dried off after being taken from the dishwasher. Only occasionally does anything else have to be dried off. Why is it that "plastic stuff" never stays stacked like everything else?

Reply to
Leon

I lean toward when opening a cabinet door and something stuffed in falls out as it opens, where it falls is where it stays. That includes the refrigerator and medicine cabinet doors, much to the other two inmates initial consternation. It took a few years of the act of asking politely not working before resorting to that, but that method finally got some results, most of the time. :)

Reply to
Swingman