Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

Page 2 of 5
On 1/7/2013 10:23 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yep, that's a bone of contention around here ... that, and putting things back where they belong in the kitchen (hate it when I burn a roux because I have to go through a *dozen kitchen drawers for something that's not in the drawer where it was last time).
And the four hundred plastic containers, none with a lid that fits, ranks right up there.
In short, put the girl on stage with a guitar and she'll warm your heart ... in the kitchen, she'll give you heartburn.
(*I've already decided that if I ever build her another kitchen, it will only have one cabinet, and one drawer)
Then again, you gotta make allowances for someone who once flew back (to Houston, TX, in July!) from a gig in Toronto with a huge (so huge it had to be hand carried) windshield ice scraper she bought in the airport????
Which was really no more baffling than recently finding her reading glasses in the dog food bag, and the scoop from the bag in the freezer??
... still trying to figure that out.
One too many X chromosomes apparently makes for a bag of contradictions ... it's why we love'em, right? ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 1/7/13 11:21 AM, Swingman wrote:

This whole thing was pure poetry. It really needs to go on facebook. hmmmmm..... :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 1/7/2013 2:20 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 1/7/2013 1:31 PM, knuttle wrote:

You gotta be kidding ... she's from AR, where condiments, spices and educational materials are not allowed to violate their soverign borders.
Verifiable by current participant hereabouts:
She was recently assigned "steaming" the vegetables for a dinner, with company.
If you can call - 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of a vegetable steamer, with the burner on MAX/BLOW TORCH, then running around a few minutes later wondering where the hell all that smoke was coming from - cooking, then you best believe that if I want to eat, I best cook it. :)
But, keeping in mind that the bass player usually only gets to see the chick singer from behind, she sure did have cute buns ... and there's always restaurants. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

LOL it is amazing what you'll do to enjoy a good view. 8-) I don't know if it's good or bad that all the equipment is still in good working order. I would hate to know how much it's cost me over the years.
Mke M
On 1/7/13 5:11 PM, Mike M wrote:

I had as good a view as one could possibly ask for on my last major gig. Problem is, once they started talking, they got ugly fast. :-)
--

-MIKE-

The fact that your hear says a lot of people won't float your boat.
Mike M
On 1/7/2013 1:20 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Hey, despite what you think, I'm not that old to not be worried about being cut off ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

If you want to come look through my wife's collection of lids you'll probably find what you need.
What puzzles me is why they buy a raft of containers and then save stuff like empty Cool Whip containers. 'tiz a puzzlement...
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Guess it's a universal part of the human equation. Occasionally, I watch the "hoarders" TV show. Damn, there's some screwed up people out there.

I sort of experience the same thing every time my best friend's family comes over for dinner. After dinner while we're relaxing, his wife always goes and does the dishes.
While i'm appreciative of this cleaning up act, she also puts everything away and I can't find some of it after that. So far to date, a potato peeler, two steak knives, one glass and a dinner plate have done missing. I've even looked in the garbage when items go missing, but so far I've never been able to find any of it.
On 1/7/2013 11:21 AM, Swingman wrote:

You can appreciate the thought that I shared with Kim a couple of night ago. You can also probably imagine the look I got which also comes with the VETO stamp.
I suggested eliminating the drawer above the "plastic stuff" cabinet. Make that drawer front into a hinged opening to expose a chute to the "plastic stuff" cabinet directly below.
For me this would eliminate the routine of opening the cabinet door and tossing in the "plastic stuff" and closing the door before something else falls out.
Why is it that the "plastic stuff" always has to be dried off after being taken from the dishwasher. Only occasionally does anything else have to be dried off. Why is it that "plastic stuff" never stays stacked like everything else?
On 1/8/2013 10:36 AM, Leon wrote:

I lean toward when opening a cabinet door and something stuffed in falls out as it opens, where it falls is where it stays. That includes the refrigerator and medicine cabinet doors, much to the other two inmates initial consternation. It took a few years of the act of asking politely not working before resorting to that, but that method finally got some results, most of the time. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Dave wrote:

That's my wife, sorta. You've heard the phrase, "Nature abhors a vacuum"? Well, my wife abhors an uncluttered horizontal surface :(
Some years ago I built her a nice solid hickory desk & credenza. No one has seen either top wood surface since about 5 minutes after she got them.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Geez, hope you don't win the lottery then. I keep reading about people winning a whole pile of money and then BAM! Two months later they're dying of cancer.
It's getting to the point that winning the lottery appears to be a quick death sentence.
On 1/7/2013 2:37 AM, Dave wrote:

death sentence.
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 08:15:54 -0500, Keith Nuttle

I've read similar sentiments. Figure if I ever win anything big, I'd be hiring security first, then an investment accountant and probably a lawyer.

Sounds like a plan, but beware. Any one of these groups can result in the loss of quite a bit of what they're supposed to preserve.
The family leeches will be crawling out of their holes as well...
To bring this back to woodworking (and open a can of worms), if you did win the lottery would you buy a SawStop?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 07 Jan 2013 15:34:47 GMT, Puckdropper

Not unless I could have it height modified for woodworking from my wheelchair. Talked to SawStop a few years back about the height modification thing and I was told "no" because of engineering that was down near the bottom of the saw.
General did make a height modified saw, but now that they've gone bye bye with the Canadian manufacturing, it's no longer made.
However, SINCE we're talking about big lottery money, I might well end up buying myself a Martin or something similar. Program in my measurements, push a button and watch it power feed cutting to better than 1/64" tolerances.
Then I'd have my private woodworking butler team put it all together for me. :)
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

In a heartbeat.