Reddy Heater - Good Deal?

Planning on buying a 35k BTU Reddy Heater, Propane, 75 bucks canadian. Seems like good deal to me based on new prices, etc.
Anything bad i should know about the reddy models?
canadian snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

As a brand, they've been around a long time and there isn't a whole lot to go wrong with a propane heater, short of the ignitor perhaps.
Most of those heaters will tell you what to expect in terms of fuel consumption. As a fellow Kanuckistani, I'd find out about that first: how MANY 20-pound cylinders you are going to go through during the course of a week.
You got natural gas where you live? (I'm not talking beans.)
No NG access, thats the problem (another thread on this back a day or two).
Heater is going to be used to quickly (or as quick as possible) warm up a 18x16 shop, and then let a 16k btu electric heater maintain it.
That's a good price. I run mine from a 50# tank. The propane models will have a bit of flame out the front, so watch where you stand.
On 30 Nov 2005 06:42:21 -0800, canadian snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

And that open flame dosent bother you in the shop? Still makes me nervous.
On a positive side, Im not expecting to need the propane version for extended periods of time. My 16k BTU heater pulled my shop from 1.9 C to 16.9 C last night in about 15 minutes. I was pretty happy with that.
I put the heater several feet away from my workspace such that the warm air is all I get. These heaters all have exposed flames, some more than others but none are flamethrowers.