Red Vs White Oak

Anybody out there know what oak is predominately used by manufacturers for Kitchen cabinets. I am going to build a wine rack and the cabinets are natural oak but I don't know whether it is red or white. I am guessing red, but not sure. Can anyone help?
Jim
Jim Jacobs wrote:

Red oak is more generally used. Not better, just more used.
If you can access an end of a piece of your cabinets you should be able to tell...red oak is very porous, ends just suck up finish without sealing.
--

dadiOH

The overwhelming majority are red oak -- probably because it's less expensive.
--
Regards,
If in doubt use white. It will be easier to match when staining.

Thanks for all the quick responses. Gotta love these newsgroups.....