Red Oak

What is 1/2" red oak good for? :)

Reply to
Subw00er

Whacking you upside the head for trolling?

dave

Subw00er wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

About $1.75 per sq/ft according to my dealer's latest price list. ;-)

Nova

Proping up a table leg that was made 1/2" shorter than the rest.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Carving a life-sized replica of your johnson! :)

Reply to
mp

Trees that short should be allowed to mature.

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Make some boxes or drawers, you'll find a lot of uses for it.

Reply to
KYHighlander

Shade for elves.

Reply to
mttt

I've used 1/2" red oak for light shelves, uprights in Mission furniture, or anything else 1/2" thick or less.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Absolutely nothing on board a boat. (It's a very porous structure.)

OTOH, can make some very nice interior furniture using it.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thickness planing to 3/8"