Red Oak

What is 1/2" red oak good for? :)
Whacking you upside the head for trolling?
dave
Subw00er wrote:

Subw00er wrote:

About $1.75 per sq/ft according to my dealer's latest price list. ;-)
Subw00er wrote:

Proping up a table leg that was made 1/2" shorter than the rest.

Carving a life-sized replica of your johnson! :)

Trees that short should be allowed to mature.
Make some boxes or drawers, you'll find a lot of uses for it.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Subw00er" < snipped-for-privacy@r1150r.net> wrote in message

Shade for elves.

I've used 1/2" red oak for light shelves, uprights in Mission furniture, or anything else 1/2" thick or less. <G>
Barry

Absolutely nothing on board a boat. (It's a very porous structure.)
OTOH, can make some very nice interior furniture using it.
HTH
--
Lew

Thickness planing to 3/8"
--
Jim Polaski
"The measure of a man is what he will do