Red Oak 1/2 price at Rockler until October 3rd

I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf. I don't normally buy wood there becuse it is ussualy more expensive than my local hardwood dealer. At this price though it is a pretty good value beacuse the stuff I have seen anyway is good quality, (clear and straight.) I might just have to go stock up for winter.
--
Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:
Joe Wilding wrote:

Hehe, $3/bf is still more than my local hardwood dealer. Buying wood at Rockler == No Joy
Tim Henrion
but it's red oak
I was just kidding. I've made a lot of stuff from red oak. The best was rift sawn stock that I purchased for some clocks per advice in the article in the recent Popular Woodworking. I'm sure I paid more than $3/bf for it.

Joe wrote:>I just ntoiced in their flier. Sale price is $3/bf.

IIRC, Woodcraft sent out a disclaimer saying the stated price was a misprint, and that they're sorry. That's if I remember correctly. Tom Work at your leisure!
That'd be funny!
--
Kevin
-=#=-

"Tom" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY> wrote in message

I just received the same flyer from ROCKLER with the 3/4" red oak at $3 a BF. I was thinking about making the 45 minute drive to the nearest store to check out the quality and possibly make a purchase.
Dale

What dies the Woodcraft disclaimer have to do with the Rockler ad???

So then Leon wrote:>What dies the Woodcraft disclaimer have to do with the Rockler ad???

I get them confused all the time. IIRC! Tom Work at your leisure!

my
Saw that too. That is a good price for S3S in Denver. Joe - who's your usual local HW dealer? Centennial? Austin? Paxton?
I have shoped at all three, but I prefer Centennial. They are a little closer (to me), in my opinion friendlier, and have good wood at good prices. I have been in there enough now that they almost always give me some sort of discount. (I don't even ask. They just do it.)
Joe

Thanks - Joe. One more if you don't mind: Sharpening?
I'm on the north end of town and thinking about trying someone with a nice yellow-pages ad up in Loveland. But do you have a favorite blade sharpener in Denver?
Again - thanks!
patrick conroy wrote:

Patrick,
We use Childers Sharpening Service off Broadway. We've been using them for years and they do a superb job.
Steve Lee Childers Sharpening Service 4767 Broadway Denver, Colorado 80110 (303) 789-3855
Mike Rinken
"Creamy Goodness" <creamy at agbgaming dot com> wrote in message

Thanks Mike!