recycled fiber board question

Is is ok to use recycled fiber board on outside projects like trim on houses and deck?
Thanks Bill
That depends on how you recycle it. If you were to make sure it had plenty of wet strength additive, it might work out just fine. If it isn't going to get wet, then even that wouldn't be an problem. Make sure it is well sealed and primed. Also try a bit of product testing before you go and sell it to the world.
Michael

I'd bet against it. There was a class action lawsuit because masonite siding didn't hold up well in many parts of the country. I don't see how recycled fiber board is any better.
Bill wrote:

My experience with fiber board is.....Water/moisture + Fiberboard BAD
Had a storage area that needed a cover..Just needed something quick and it was the right size. We primed, painted, and sealed it. It didn't last long at all. This was under an overhang, which did give it some protection, it did get some direct weather depending on the wind, but over all it was out of direct sun and rain.
Didn't last a year.