Record 53 Vise replacement

Being that my Record 53 didn't bounce when it hit the floor duing a benchtop upgrade, and being that Record doesn't exist anymore, what are you using as a replacement these days?
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Record. Still plenty of old stock around. There's also any quantity of really old S/H Records, Paramos or Parkinson's Perfects about. Then if I wanted brand spanking new, there's Paramo.
I'll not buy another Irwin product though.
snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com wrote:
: Record. Still plenty of old stock around. There's also any quantity : of really old S/H Records, Paramos or Parkinson's Perfects about. Then : if I wanted brand spanking new, there's Paramo.
Are they still in business? Who sells them?
For the OP: I have a clone of the Record that I got from Woodcraft that seems okay.
    -- Andy Barss
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote in

I'm pretty happy with the made-in-India vise I bought from Garrett-Wade. A little of the right color of Loctite will keep the handle on. Eventually.
Haven't checked lately if they still sell it, though.
Patriarch
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Anant Mfg. of India has purchased the mfg process/equipment from Record/Irwin And are sold thru Highland Hardware of Atlanta, see this web page for info: > http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDb51