recommended low voltage lights for curio cabinet

After wandering the Borgs, and checking out Lee Valley, I've not yet found a good source for low voltage cabinet lighting in a curio I am making.

The cabinet is cherry about 4 feet high and 5 feet wide which I figure will need 3 lights mounted in the top. So far I've only found halogen in 120volt at the Borgs and a regular bulb 40watt 120volt at Lee Valley.

Over time the low voltage will pay for itself vs 120, more likely to be enjoyed, environmentally more responsible, and the bulbs tend to be a whole lot less expensive.

Thanks Alan

Reply to
arw01

"arw01" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

These were recommended to me, by a woodworker who has used them. I have no personal experience with them yet, however.

Patriarch

Alan,

Check the current Rockler catalog or

for the Xenon cabinet lights. A lot less heat than Halogen lights. A lot less!

You can also consider the decorative lighting strips in the same catalog.

Standard disclaimer - no association or affilation.

Jack

Reply to
John Flatley

The other fellows are right. Xenon are the way to go. I have now seen dozens of installations and I really like the colour of the light. Warmer than halogen, but cooler running than halogen (temperature). I have been told that they are a great deal more durable as well. The increase in initial cost isn't enough to matter.

Reply to
Robatoy

You didn't search properly on the Lee Valley website. They also have 12v, 20 watt pot lights.

Upscale