Recommended Furniture Polish?

Hi, I've got a few pieces of very nice wood furniture. One is a chest of nine drawers that is advertised as coming from India it's about 5' 6" tall with concave sides that appears to be covered in a very thin stain, another chest of drawers built in the style of a tall sever drawer campaign chest. These two pieces appear to be very dry. Which furniture polish shouldI use on them? I called a local furniture shop who recommended that I use Guardsman. Which polish should I use? The chest from India has a light scratch on the top. Can I repair it myself? If so, what do I use to fix it?

Which furniture polish do you use? Should I post my original message to another group?