Recommendations for a trim router?

Page 2 of 2

I wonder if Festool makes a nose-trimmer. Ask Leon... <eg>
btw, just waiting to hear from Morris, he's near Des Moines. I hope he's okay.

He is, in fact, only a couple of miles from a river... not sure which one. DeSoto...
"Robatoy" wrote:

He hasn't been here in a while.
Did the spam get him?
Lew

I don't think so. He left here before all of it started. I seem to remember him being tired of all the petty infighting and pissing contests that were going on here.
He is quite active on other groups, as of yesterday.
Robert

You mean the:
"My daddy can beat up your dady................. nah-na-nah-nah"
got to him?
Lew

Yup, he got tired of "all heat, no light" arguments. Just heard from him. He's okay, some of his stuff in a storage unit in Des Moines is likely going to get wet.
Robatoy wrote:

    :-)

oooohhh... and here some people thought that *I* was a shit- disturber...LOL
Robatoy wrote:

The thing is, Rob. You are. I doubt than any regular here would question that.
Now you have competition. And that has to add to our daily enjoyment.
Tanus

And my tools are better than yours, etc. You know, a normal day at the wreck.
A loss. He was a good guy.
Robert

Absolutely.

What is "VS"? The pieces I'm trimming have already been cut to size on a tablesaw. Unfortunately, the cut guarantee was limited to 1/8" tolerances. All pieces are about 3/32" too wide, so I'll be trimming off that amount or maybe a little more. If the trim router I ordered isn't up to the job, I'll find out pretty quick. However, like any other tool, it will be a learning process and I won't be unduly upset if it can't handle the job. I know I'll be using it for other things too. Worse case, I'll use my 25 year old 1hp Black and Decker router. If *that* doesn't work then I've got my Makita 3hp plunge router.
I won't need to buff the edges, because it's the shelving sides that need to be trimmed and they won't be very apparent from the front. The front facing edges are already buffed.
wrote in message

The Bosch Colt is a variable speed router. On a router that small, if you use a rabbet or cove bit. the vibration at top speed is distracting. By slowing the speed, the tool becomes really solid and easy to control. On a small router, I would not want to be without it. You might want to check Pat Warner's web site. He has a lot to say about the router and I agree with him.

I have a Bosch Colt, Has a lot of power, I really like the slow start. For my two cents this is a great trim router....
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com
2 good ones: http://patwarner.com/7310_subbases.html + http://patwarner.com/pr20_subbase.html *******************************************************************************************************************