Recommendations for a electric ROS?

Looking to pick up something a little better tan my old PC palm sander. What ever it is, it has to have a decent dust to vacumn feature. And maybe variable speeds would be nice. Anyone want to suggest something?

Reply to
captmikey
< Anyone want to

Festool Rotex (if money is no object) :-)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

$200 of woodworking tools of your choice! Enter online today.

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- EZ Smart Guide System

- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander

- Incra V27 Miter Gauge

- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

- Festool TDK Cordless Drills

- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps

Woodcrafter

I have both a PC and a DeWalt 5" ROS. Like them both. See what feels best in your hand.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Go for a 6 incher, they are much faster. Think for a moment on what percent of the time you spend sanding (or ought to be sanding) a project. Six inch ROS's have much more real work area.

ray

Reply to
Ray_Manor

While Ray makes a good point, *I* would not get a 6-incher. 6-inchers work beautifully if you are sanding a horizontal surface. IMNSHO the ergonomics go down the toilet if you hold it upside down, off a ladder or reaching inside a cabinet.

So I guess it depends on your style of work.

FWIW I'm happy with my makita 5" VS ROS. I'll second the rccomendation to see which model fits your hand well.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

Agreed. I have had my 5" ROS since 1989 and more often wish it were a bit smaller rather than larger. IIRC 5" paper is much easier to find and cheaper.

Reply to
Leon

I have been really happy with my Ridgid 6" ROS (Metabo/Germany). But I REALLY like my Festool Rotex. Festool also makes a dynamite 5" ROS. You get what you pay for.

0?0

Rob.

It takes a woman 20 years to turn her son into a man. Then it takes another woman less than 20 minutes to turn him into a blithering idiot. (Loosely translated from an Italian proverb)

Reply to
Robatoy

My PC VS333 has been great, but I do prefer a 6" air-driven one. It's only a chinwanese cheapie, but it works great.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

I'm fine with my PC 333. Got it refurb'd for $39.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I'd second the motion for the 5" ROS. I have several sanders, but the

5" Bosch is the one I use the most. It's small enough to work on things like table legs, and still has enough power to take on big projects like refinishing hardwood floors (around the perimiter I mean) as I did last week. Fair dust collection, good ergonomics.

-Kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda

Reply to