Recommendation on a Shelac Protective Spray?

I have some wooden figures that have a paper picture glued to them. The finish is starting to ware off a bit and want to clean them up and spray something on them to preserve the glued on paper pictures. Don't want brush strokes and don't want a glossy finish which would reflect light. Any recommendations on a protective spray I could use?

Reply to
Albert

Krylon has had a clear spray acrylic lacquer on the market for many years. Doesn't yellow, has no gloss, slightly flexible. This would be the perfect finish for your artifacts after a gentle cleaning. As usual, do test panels on paper to get the results you want. I think it used to be used in some libraries for document preservation, but I can't state that as a fact. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe