recommendation for plywood saw blade

Ok I am going to have to buy a new blade for my table saw, 10 inch craftsman. I seem to do more plywood cutting (oak and birch, etc) than anything else. Need a good blade recommendation. I have at the moment a

40 tooth blade that came with the saw. Thanks in advance
Reply to
bdeditch

You can buy specific plywood/melamine blades. They tend to have ATB teeth with steep angles.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Typically something like ATB Grind, 0.085 plate, 0.125 Kerf, 10=B0 hook

Reply to
president

A melamine blade will most likely have a triple chip grind with a negative rake, not an ATB grind.

Regards,

"If you're gonna reply with a derogatory DAGS statement, then don't bother, becuase you're cluttering up the newsgroup with the same useless garbage that you're giving the poor guy grief about. At least he's asking a WW question."

JC

Reply to
noonenparticular

Forrest markets their Hi-AT as "designed for chipless cutting of two-sided melamine (MCP board), vinyl, polyester, kortron and veneer plywood."

Tool markets a high-angle negative hook ATB blade "For chip-free sizing cuts (on both sides) in melamine and wood veneered panels..."

Dimar's (aka Amana) melamine blade is a negative hook ATB, but not high-angle.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Reply to
Michael White

Considering what you have been using, and assuming that this will be your only blade, I'd suggest buying one of the combination blades recommended here in the past. Look for the threads on the Forrest WWII for examples and competitors. Add a zero clearance insert and you can expect clean, splinter free cuts on hardwood plywoods as well as solid woods. Some of the special purpose blades mentioned already may offer an advantage if you cut ONLY plywood, or if you are cutting laminate and melamine.

Reply to
Larry Kraus