recommendation for plywood saw blade

Ok I am going to have to buy a new blade for my table saw, 10 inch craftsman. I seem to do more plywood cutting (oak and birch, etc) than anything else. Need a good blade recommendation. I have at the moment a 40 tooth blade that came with the saw. Thanks in advance
bdeditch wrote:

You can buy specific plywood/melamine blades. They tend to have ATB teeth with steep angles.
Chris
Typically something like ATB Grind, 0.085 plate, 0.125 Kerf, 10 hook

A melamine blade will most likely have a triple chip grind with a negative rake, not an ATB grind.
Regards,
"If you're gonna reply with a derogatory DAGS statement, then don't bother, becuase you're cluttering up the newsgroup with the same useless garbage that you're giving the poor guy grief about. At least he's asking a WW question."
JC
noonenparticular wrote:

Forrest markets their Hi-AT as "designed for chipless cutting of two-sided melamine (MCP board), vinyl, polyester, kortron and veneer plywood."
http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/category_6_Duraline_HiA_T.html
FS Tool markets a high-angle negative hook ATB blade "For chip-free sizing cuts (on both sides) in melamine and wood veneered panels..."
Dimar's (aka Amana) melamine blade is a negative hook ATB, but not high-angle.
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

I'll have to second this blade - very nice cuts.
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer

Considering what you have been using, and assuming that this will be your only blade, I'd suggest buying one of the combination blades recommended here in the past. Look for the threads on the Forrest WWII for examples and competitors. Add a zero clearance insert and you can expect clean, splinter free cuts on hardwood plywoods as well as solid woods. Some of the special purpose blades mentioned already may offer an advantage if you cut ONLY plywood, or if you are cutting laminate and melamine.