Recommendation for a small width bandsaw blade

About a year ago I bought a Grizzly 14" bandsaw. I asked for a blade recomendation from this group and a lot of people liked the Wood Slicer. I got a half inch blade and have been VERY happy with it.

I am going to do a project in a few months that will need a smaller width blade (lots of turning). I can see blade widths from 1/8" to 3/8" in the Highland Woodworking catalog. These blades are all made by Diamond Saw. Do you have any recommendations on these smaller width blades?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

I'm not a big fan of brand name blades, but woodslicer is highly rated..

Check the manual for your bandsaw for a radius chart.. should give you a good idea of the recommended blade size for the type of curves you want to do.. If in doubt, get both sizes..

I've used no-name blades from saw shops for years and am happy with them.. They make them up to whatever length you need and they're very inexpensive.. Easier to have a selection of blades when they're $12 to $16 each (105")

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

This one:

assumes that 3/16 will give you a small enough radius which it probably will. I have numerous blades from 1/8 up to 3/4 - some with high tooth counts - that have only been used once at the most, being left over from when I first bought the saw and didn't know what to get.

The only blades I use are the one in the URL and my much loved Wood Slicer. When I win the lottery I am going to buy another bandsaw so I *never* have to change blades :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks for the link to the blade on the Highland Woodworking website. I will verify that 3/16" will get the job done before ordering.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Snyder

All I use is 3/16th skip tooth as well. I even resaw with them. All my other blades just gather dust... I also have always had a local saw company weld them up for me... When I first started woodworking I was making names out of 100 year old, recycled 2x stock and got a 3/16" inch blade for that... never looked back.

Reply to
Jack Stein