Recommendation fo cabinet door supplier ?????????

Hello, My wife wants new kitchen cabinets but does not want me spending too much time making them, so we came to a compromise, she let me do them if I have the doors made. So any Recommendations??????? Thanks, Mike

Reply to
noname

Cimino's Cabinet Doors in Hollister, CA.

Great outfit, reasonably priced, and fast. They only sell to contractors and cabinet makers, so if you aren't one, lie well, and you'll get in . I've used them for years, and it's a top-notch outfit.

Good luck.

--Mike

Reply to
mgg

I just finished installing 24 new doors from Rockler... 20 flat panel, shaker style in ash (the cheapest cuz we painted them), and four with divided lights. Only two came in "not as ordered"... two of the large divided light doors... the number of lights was wrong. A quick call and the new ones were on my doorstep in days. Very satisfied... great quality. I used european hinges that I bought from a local Woodcraft... all Blum. Some doors were full inset, some 1/2 overlay, some had to swing more than 100 degrees... quite a challange to get them all up, aligned, painted, etc. Considering the cabinets are 50 years old (house was built in 1954), I was really surprised at how well everything fit.

I made one mistake in ordering... two doors were short about 1/2 inch. A strip of ash laid in fixed that, and with paint we can't see the filler.

Total cost for doors, hinges, paint... about $1300. Since SWMBO and I don't plan on living here more than 5 years or so before we make a break for the sunshine state, hanging chards and all, trying to recoup a major remodel would have been dicey. Hey, she's happy... and that's what counts, eh?

Don

Reply to
Don Sforza

Although I have been making all doors myself for the last 7 or 8 years, when a neighbor asked for help with putting some doors on some open shelving that we built together about 10 years ago, I steered him to Rockler.

The doors were oak with raised panels (8 doors) measuring about 14 x 24 as I recall. The doors arrived about 3 weeks after ordering and were very nicely made and sanded at least with 220 so they were ready for stain & poly. All sizes were right on. I thought they were a little pricey at around $50 each, but they were nice doors.

FWIW

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Here is another supplier or two:

>Hello,>>My wife wants new kitchen cabinets but does not want me spending too

Reply to
Pat Barber

Do you know a local residential contractor well? When we built our house we left the basement finish-to-trim. My contractor told us that when we got ready to finish he could get us cabinets or cabinet components from his suppler. We did this and most of what we bought was door or door/frame sets for closets and pantrys. They were pretty reasonable.

Reply to
RonB

Columbia doors in Yakima. We no longer build panel doors. We just buy them. Columbia sells the returns for about $10 - $12/ door. I'm cheap (frugal), Im fast, and get my materials at a good price, but I can't beat their price.

-Rick

Reply to
Sbtypesetter