Recommend a slow setting glue

I need to do a large glue up that will take about 30 mins before I can start clamping. I've seen David Marks talk about slow setting glue but he never gives a brand name. Can you guys recommend one?
Add pictures here
✖
Titebond II Extend
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
I'm fairly certain Marks is using Gorilla poly glue in these cases...
Brian.

Add pictures here
✖
Marks uses URAC 185 which is a modified urea formaldehyde glue. Highland Hardware carries it.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com /
Jeff Zahnle
On 12/4/2003 7:37 PM, Brian wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Titebond II Extend is a newer version of the Titebond II water resistant glue. It offers extended working time. Although I think it is only around the 15 minute mark, but you may get away with a little more. http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page 16&sid¯989 states the 15 min time frame there.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski, RN. BNurs (QUT) PGDipSci(HMS) Editor, OnlineToolReviews.com The Woodworker's Product Review Resource Online! http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Add pictures here
✖
Liquid hide glue by Franklin?
dave
Bruce wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
"Bruce" writes:

If you are willing to play some games, epoxy will do the trick.
Use a slow hardener and work in a 50F-55F environment.
(Thin with 10% denatured alcohol to reduce the viscosity).
Once the glue-up is in the clamps, move it to a warmer area to cure.
HTH
--
Lew

✖
If you look in the yellow pages for a local epoxy dealer, they can get you a combination resin and catalyst that can be formulated for just about any set time you want. When doing involved faceframes for my kitchen I got one that had a 3 hr. pot life and a 7 hr. set time, add a little "thickener" and it works great. (If you're not in a hurry).
-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry

Add pictures here
✖
This is a no brainer - use polyeuthane glue. I like EXCEL brand but it is also sold as Gorilla glue and house brands often call it PE glue. It has the consistency of a heavy pancake syrup and I love the stuff. I have used it for veneer work were I need to veneer 2 sides of a large panel and I need lots of time. The EXCEL brand takes about 2 hours before it starts to dry depending on your rel humidity. I leave things over night but it is fairly dry at 4-6 hours. Other brands are trying to shorten this drying time but I actually like it long. Sands beautifully and is waterproof. Fills gaps great and expands when it dries. Don't try to clean up the squeeze out no matter how bad it looks. Just wait till it is good and dry and then trim with a razor blade and sand it off. Easy as pie. I love the stuff but it is a bit pricey. It keeps for a long time if you put it in the refrig. You can even freeze it for longer storage.
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 00:32:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Liquid Hide Glue in the bottle.