Recliner Mechanism

I am planning on building a Mission Style recliner with wooden arms and an upolstered seat. The arms are no problem but does anyone have a source for the recliner mechanism?
I guess I couold buy a chair and steal the hardware but that would kind of defeat the purpose.
Thanks,
Ron
Try a Google search and you should find a few. I looked quickly and a couple possibilities showed up. www.thefactoryoutlet.com/reclinechair3.asp www.hickorysprings.com/ The hickorysprings sits looked most promising.
Otherwise you might keep your eyes open for a used recliner. I would imagine that some of the used recliners go pretty cheap.
Dick

Check out:
http://www.swivel-chair-parts.com /
I used them a couple of years ago for a desk chair mechanism. They may have what you're after.
Lou

What's a "Mission Style recliner" ? A Morris ?
There is no mechanism - you make it all from wood. 5 minutes of turning gives you a couple of removable pegs, and these go into a series of holes in the side of the arm with the back resting upon them.
--
Smert' spamionam

calmly ranted:

Mission style chairs weren't recliners in the new sense. Morris chairs had reclining backs but were manually positioned while standing behind the chair.
But, if you must, become an upholstery shop and try http://www.hickorysprings.com/products/recliners.html

I have a $5 Salivation Army chair which has a mechanism. How much ya gonna give me for it? ;)
.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Thanks for your help,
It looks like Hickory will do the job.
I have also looked at Morris chairs, I guess I would call mine a mondernized Morris with a Mission theme.
I think the shipping on a 5$ Salivation Army chair might be a bit high, Sorry.
Thanks agiain,
Ron

HI RON I DON'T POST MUCH IN HERE BUT I READ YOUR ARTICLE ABOUT A MECHANISM FOR A RECLINER I HAVE AN ELECTRIC PUSH BUTTON ONE THAT WAS ON A CHAIR I HAD BUT THE CHAIR WAS SHOT SO I TOOK IT A PART BUT SAVED THE MECHANISM THE MECHANISM IS MADE OF METAL IF INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net