Recex Screws

Someone asked sometime back about the recex screws offered at www.quikdrawers.com. Well, I bought em', and I am sold. The recex design is sweet, the combo drive worx well and the price was fine.
I can't get these locally so this will be fine for me. I got them in 3 different lengths and I also bought some 3 1/2" washer head screws for cabinet mounting.
I have never used a screw as aggressive as these and the nibs do indeed prevent the need for countersink drilling. I guess it is the prelube that makes them so smooth on the drive. If you have not tried them, you ought to.
Hootie
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:00:55 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@hoo.com wrote:

The recex screw has been around a while as a quality screw mostly in production situations

Our big box stores are not concerned with carrying quality screws, just high margin screws.

cutting threads, the combination makes short work of a long screw. Not that I am in favor of short screws, I like them all, I just don't always have time for a long screw.