Recex Screws

Someone asked sometime back about the recex screws offered at

Well, I bought em', and I am sold. The recex design is sweet, the combo drive worx well and the price was fine.

I can't get these locally so this will be fine for me. I got them in

3 different lengths and I also bought some 3 1/2" washer head screws for cabinet mounting.

I have never used a screw as aggressive as these and the nibs do indeed prevent the need for countersink drilling. I guess it is the prelube that makes them so smooth on the drive. If you have not tried them, you ought to.

Hootie

Reply to
hootie

The recex screw has been around a while as a quality screw mostly in production situations

Our big box stores are not concerned with carrying quality screws, just high margin screws.

The prelubed screws are certainly much easier to drive and with the cutting threads, the combination makes short work of a long screw. Not that I am in favor of short screws, I like them all, I just don't always have time for a long screw.

Reply to
Philip