Recent projects [Clock and Fireplace]

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/My-Clock.jpg
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/My-Fireplace.jpg
The clock is a prototype for a kit I will offer soon. Done is Sapele with black and red dyes, Tung, Shellac and black wax.
The fireplace surround is just rough installed and primed. It will be gloss white. It will have marble or tile hearth and the baseboards along the wall will wrap up along the front.
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

Both look real good. You're gonna need that fireplace soon.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I really like the clock, very nice design.

Rob Leatham
Thanks. I like it too. I designed in some cool easy assembly techniques. I derived the design from a few others I had seen and some classic Stickly elements. I call it Little Gus as an ode to Gustav. Still working on the finish recipe. The colr is what I wanted but the Sapele seems to suck up the shellac and or wax. Kind of strange. I think the shellac might be to thin and when I scrub on the wax I am cutting through the shellac and then in a few days the wax evaporates or is sucked up by the Sapele and leaves dry spots.