Recent projects

I had the chance to post a few pictures of two recent projects over on ABPW. One is a corner desk for our computer. The other is a stereo cabinet . The desk went into a corner that was more or less half of an octagon. The corners were not 45's more like 43 and 47's but I got it as close as I could. We just put in a hardwood floor and have not found a pad for the desk chair so we are using a dining room chair for now. The stereo cabinet is self design to fit the space and hide the components. Both projects are red oak, with the stereo cabinet made from wood salvaged from a display rack from a card store. Finish for both is cherry Danish oil.

Happy New Year Nuttree

Reply to
Gerald
[snip]

If it is a decent floor, don't worry about it. I just put hardwood into my office and was worried about this too. I put down some plastic runner for under the chair but after dealing with the runner moving and wheels constantly going off the edge I pulled it. It's been over a month now and I haven't noticed any marks on the floor from my chair wheels (the standard plastic ones).

walt

Reply to
Walt